Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Roasted Fennel & Broccoli Soup


In honor of the No Food Waste challenge, I've come up with a recipe that uses one of the most frequently discarded edible foods (broccoli stem) and a seasonal delight (fennel). Broccoli stem has just as many nutrients as the florets - in fact, it has more calcium, iron, and vitamin C, and it's definitely just as delicious. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness and flavors of both of these veggies, so don't toss those stems!


Have some leftover bread laying around? I baked a loaf two days ago made from fantastic flour from a local mill, so when it began to go stale, I knew I couldn't let it go to waste. Croutons can be saved in a plastic bag and will keep their crunch for soups and salads, so make a batch up instead of wasting your stale bread! You can season them up with garlic (fresh, salt, or powder), or any spices you like. They add great crunch to this creamy soup. 





4 comments:

  1. Delicious, it is so good and yummy. It is worth trying, thank you for sharing the recipe with us, will trying it out soon. Hope it will be as delicious as it looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like soup specially hot and sour soup because it has a great taste of vegetable with some chicken. Chicken corn soup is also good in taste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time webstagram

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow how tasty does this look. I think my mouth is starting to water. Thank you for the recipe share, I will definitely be trying this out some time this week, thanks for the share. star news

    ReplyDelete