Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti Fra Diavolo


I wasn't even planning to make this meal into a recipe post, but it was so good I just couldn't resist. That being said, please forgive the shoddy photos, since I took them on my phone in the evening as I made/ate this meal.

Fra Diavolo means Brother Devil in Italian, and is the name given to a spicy (usually tomato) pasta sauce. It's one of my absolute favorite dishes, especially with a pile of fresh mussels or, in today's case, shrimp (king prawns, for my UK readers). My goal with this meal was to change up the classic a bit by making the base of the sauce from ripe, sweet roasted red Romano peppers.

It may seem a bit complicated at first glance, but I roasted up a big batch of peppers yesterday because I plan to turn the other half into roasted red pepper hummus. If you want to use a shortcut, though, canned roasted red peppers will work just fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment