Monday, March 14, 2016

9 Weeks Already!

I totally dropped the ball on the "Two Month" post, so here's a "9 Weeks" post instead! Sort of. The lazy version. 


I can't believe Chloe is 9 weeks old already. Every week I have to pack up clothes she doesn't fit into anymore; when will it end?! (I already know the answer... waa!)

I love that the weather is finally feeling spring-like. I mean, I still wore a long puffer coat today, but I didn't need gloves or a hat, and I didn't have to put the rain cover over the pram because of the cold. It was actually pretty warm in the sun.

So Steve's been pretty busy with work, and has been pulled in all sorts of directions lately - literally. He's been driving to appointments every other day, and found out last minute that he had to leave for two days in Bath, so it's been just us girls (and Doopy) holding down the fort.


I'm constantly fascinated by how much she learns and does every day - from holding herself up better, to grabbing toys, recognising people and sounds at a distance, and being able to entertain herself. She stays awake a lot longer these days, too. It's about a half mile walk to the high street, and she was alert and awake the whole way there. After a trip to Boots for some necessities, I was going to stop off for a coffee at the Ivy House, but knowing that they don't have soymilk (still dairy free strong over here) I thought I'd try the Sainsbury's cafe, since I had to pop in for some groceries anyway. And she was awake the whole time! I mean, what baby stays awake for like an hour in a pram? My baby. Lol. But you can just see her little brain processing it all and soaking it all in as she looks around. I'm sure the world must be fascinating from her little point of view.

She's also begun to roll onto her side, giggle during bath time, and gets really excited when reading books - sometimes. It seems like every day she's making more sounds and interacting with us more. I swear today when I walked out of the room to go use the bathroom, she yelled something that sounded like, "HEY!"

Grabbing toys is a new game- once she has a grip, she hangs on tight and swings it around like mad. For this reason, I've been trying to give her soft rattles to prevent any head-bashing incidents. Today she pushed her own binkie back in whilst laying down a couple of times, but I'm not sure if that was a fluke or a legitimate accomplishment. She certainly wiggles around enough trying to make it happen when she wants it and when it's in reach, though. 


Here's to hoping we haven't thrown off her sleep schedule! (The post-walk nap was longer than usual, and I have a bad feeling I'm not sleeping until midnight tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment